To download and enlarge complete flyer please click here.
It is no secret that I love children, inquiry learning, and every chance at being creative! Whenever my nieces and nephews or friends' kids visit my creative studio space, I always try to engage them in a Reggio Emilia inspired way.
Here is an inquiry we started about the Olympics last summer with some documentation fun from Snapchat:
I am hoping to bring my creative studio space to life with some curious Kindergarten and Grade 1 aged children who might be interested in weekly inquiry meetings that will stimulate their creativity!
I only have space for 4.
Here are the details that you can pass along to someone who would like to participate:
- curious/creative child in either Junior Kindergarten, Senior Kindergarten or Grade 1 (maximum 4 participants)
- Sunday inquiry meetings from 2:00-5:00 p.m. in my creative studio space (Major Mackenzie and Weston area)
- snack break / music and movement half way
- $25.00 +HST per hour (special introductory price)
- Begins February 5-March 26 (8 weeks)
- Must commit to all sessions
- An orientation visit will be scheduled prior to meeting the group
What will the session entail?
I will meet the four children and spend time getting to know them better, while finding out what their strengths and wonders are. Using these insights, I will facilitate an emergent curriculum process with them on a topic of their choosing. In other words I will take their ideas and support their learning, while empowering them as active participants and protagonists in their own learning experience. Each week we will review documentation of what happened the week prior, engage in hands-on creative learning to research our inquiry question, and plan for our next session together. The children will be researchers and will learn many 21st century skills, including, but not limited to, communication, collaboration, problem solving, creative innovation, critical thinking, etc.
I look forward to bringing this curious group of leaders together and seeing what magic and discoveries unfold!
Registration deadline is February 1st, 2017. For more information and to secure your child's spot, please contact me here: email@example.com.