For the complete flyer to download click here.
I am starting to become more brave with using this online world for teaching, learning, and networking. Last Summer I took a risk and offered my first fully online eWorkshop series called Tea Talk Tuesdays with great success! To my sincere surprise, enrolled in our sessions were educators from all across Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland, Alberta, some parts of the United States (Virginia, Texas, Colorado, and Ohio), and even Dubai and Peru!
I loved facilitating online, as I was able to remain in the comfort of my own home and do what I enjoy which is share my passion for early learning! Within the online "talks" are lectures with full powerpoint presentations on a topic made by me, followed by some discussion time, reflection, sharing, and weekly challenges, as well as for questions and answers. Participants are also presented with a certificate of completion with a total number of hours.
Depending on your personal goals for the session, you may sit back and listen, type comments in a chat format to connect with others, or even speak up and share virtually with your face and video feature. In the sessions, I respect all preferences and participation styles and no one will ever be put on the spot! It's really about a chance for us to gather and learn from each other, wherever we may be on the journey of early learning!
Here are a few sessions that you might like to participate in 2017:
1. Building independence in inquiry: Steps to support your students as they begin to research in the classroom (2 hours - Feb. 28th from 8:00-10:00 p.m.)
This session will talk about:
- letting go of the control - allowing students to steer the learning forward
- setting up an environment that encourages independence and self-regulation
- choice does not have to mean chaos
- Role of the students and adults
- developing stamina and remaining engaged
- encouraging students to experience a wide variety of learning areas
- integrated learning
- inquiry planning
2. iPhoneography: How photographs can enhance your teaching and inquiry work (4 hours - Mar. 7, 14, 21, 28 from 9:00-10:00 p.m.)
This session will talk about:
- how to improve your photography and documentation in the play-based and inquiry-based classroom
- an evolution/progression of my photos over the years and what it has taught me
- how to make learning visible - documentation tips
- introduction to my favourite photography apps
- weekly tips and challenges offered to try and practise photography in action and bring back to share
- how to use these photographs as part of your pedagogical documentation of project work- informing your teaching and inquiry planning process
3. Going Deeper with Inquiry-Based Learning: Sharing a project which celebrates creativity and critical thinking! (4 hours - May 9, 16, 23, 30 from 9:00-10:00 p.m.)
This session will talk about:
- a new research project from start to finish
- following an emergent curriculum - topic decided by the children
- inquiry meetings with students in Kindergarten and Grade 1
- weekly documentation and planning process
- focus on the experience and joy of learning
- integrated / differentiated learning for the 21st century
- the power of inquiry learning
- celebrating creativity by embracing the 100 Languages from Reggio Emilia
4. Popular ECE approaches, theories, and concepts: An introduction to research in the early years (12 hours - Aug. 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10 from 8:00-10:00 p.m.)
This series will talk about and introduce the following:
Session 1 - Reggio Emilia Approach
Session 2 - Montessori Approach and Waldorf Approach
Session 3 - High Scope Approach and Bank Street Approach
Session 4 - Forest Kindergarten and Theory of Loose Parts
Session 5 - Play-Based Learning Approach and Math Problem Solving
Session 6 - Inquiry Based Learning Approach and Mosaic Approach
If you register for 2 or more eWorkshop series then you can participate in the first session "Building independence in inquiry: Steps to help students begin to research" free of charge - a $75.00 +HST value! The only condition is enrolling by the end of January! You don't need to register for the first one, but will be emailed by me and added to the list automatically!
Please note that there is a Canadian and US/International price for each session. You may pay using your credit card through PayPal or I can also accept an email transfer if you contact me.
If you have a group that would like to participate together (5 or more) please email me for a special group rate. In order to be fair to those enrolling in these sessions, it is of paramount importance that we maintain honest practices. Therefore, do not share logins (I can see when you login twice), and be truthful about your address and location. If you are not a Canadian resident, then with your currency it wouldn't be right to have the advantage of such a large discount over those who live across Canada. Finally, similar to how we honour copyright and the hard work an individual puts into their writing, I would appreciate and trust that you won't register once and have a few people around your computer. In the end only one individual will get the credit and certificate.
I thank you for respecting these wishes and already know that it won't be an issue!!!
All sessions are non-refundable, as the numbers affect overall planning and coordination. You may, however, give your spot to someone else and email me about the changes so that I can update my list. Think of this like a ticket to a concert - once you register, your spot is confirmed. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Building independence in inquiry: Steps to support your students as they begin to research in the classroom (2 hours - Feb. 28th from 8:00-10:00 p.m.)
Canadian price-$75.00 +HST and US/Inter. price-$99.26 + HST
- iPhoneography: How photographs can enhance your teaching and inquiry work (4 hours- Mar. 7, 14, 21, 28 from 9:00-10:00 p.m.)
Canadian price-$110.00 +HST and US/Inter. price-$145.58 + HST
- Going deeper with inquiry-based learning: Sharing a project which celebrates creativity and critical thinking! (4 hours - May 9, 16, 23, 30 from 9:00-10:00 p.m.)
Canadian price-$125.00 +HST and US/Inter. price-$165.43 + HST
- Popular ECE approaches, theories, and concepts: An introduction to research in the early years (12 hours - Aug. 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10 from 8:00-10:00 p.m.)
Canadian price-$350.00 +HST and US/Inter. price-$463.21 + HST
An email will be sent to you confirming your registration from paypal and will attach your receipt. If you do not receive this confirmation (sometimes there are glitches), please contact email@example.com. A second email will come your way leading up to the session with any updated information and a receipt from TransformEd Consulting Services.
If you have any questions about these sessions, please don't hesitate to ask me by email. I look forward to meeting you and will provide each participant login information prior to the sessions, as well as a few opportunities to login and ensure your technology is working before our first Tea Talk! We will do all the troubleshooting early, so that we may enjoy our time online together!
Oh and don't forget your favourite teacup and tea blend!
what you are
afraid to do.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson