Reading for the Love of It!




A year ago I presented for the first time at one of Toronto's biggest and most exciting educational conferences known as, Reading for the Love of It.  This week they celebrate their 40th anniversary, and I had been invited to return, however, with a newborn and unexpected surgery my session on Friday has been cancelled.  I apologize to all of you who had hoped to hear me share some of my insights on a cross-grade inquiry project, but I am certain that there will be plenty of other engaging speakers to be inspired by!


Here are a few photos from my conference experience in 2015:










If you are attending R4TLOI this year, I hope that you have a really enjoyable experience!  One of the best parts of this conference is the wide variety of presentations, even though this makes it a challenge to select which session to attend!  Also, be sure to visit the incredible vendor sale and stock up on some new resources for your students or yourself.

Wishing the speakers and organizing committee a wonderful 40th year!  Thank you for being so understanding about my situation and please know that I will be there with you in spirit!





A book is a gift you can open

again and again.

                                                     -Garrison Keillor


Share your thoughts :

@joannebabalis