Today I smile with a thankful heart.




Happy Thanksgiving to all those who follow my social media accounts from the United States!

Though we celebrate a month and a half earlier in Canada, I still smile today with a thankful heart.  Life is getting much busier, and I am becoming more and more aware of all the little things that I took for granted in the past.  Perhaps the reason why I was able to blog as much as I used to, is because living at home with my parents meant that their support with daily life tasks increased the time that I had in the evenings.  Now like all other adults in this world, I have a home to clean, groceries to pick up, dinner to cook, and laundry to fold.  Add a couple PhD courses into that mix, along with working full-time while being pregnant and the hours just never seem to be enough!

I thank you for continuing to follow my journey, and apologize for not posting more often.  The ideas are all on long blog lists, but I am trying to find a balance and at best struggling to accomplish this.  On Instagram, I make it a point to share some inspiration more frequently, so maybe you might consider joining this social media platform.

I still smile, even though I am tired and overwhelmed most days, because I know that I have a tiny person who will soon make their debut into this world.  



Here are a few photos of me this Fall with my little pumpkin... Today we celebrate turning 33 weeks and being in our 8 month!
























The children in Kindergarten and Grade One are very curious about my growing baby bump.

Here are some of their thoughts that might also put a smile on your face today:

"Your baby keeps growing and GROWING!  I think it's going to pop out soon!"

"Is it cooking in your tummy? I was cooking in my mommy's tummy for a really long time!"

"Is your baby ready yet?"
"Can you pop it by yourself like a balloon?"
"I can help you cut it out with scissors."

"Does the baby have a toilet in there?"

"Is the baby talking in your belly?"
"Did it tell you if it's a boy or a girl?"

"Does it have a door in your tummy to come out?"

"Will it come out by itself?"

"Is it trying to get out because it's hungry?"


"The baby will go through your tummy.  It needs help to get out."
"It's going to hurt a lot."
"Are you scared?"

"Does the baby have a bed in your tummy?"
"Is it comfortable in there?"








Special thank you to my good friend Marlena Marra for taking the time from her family life to photograph my own.  I am beyond impressed by your photography, but even more-so I admire the caring and loving mother that you have become.  Feeling grateful to have you and Baby A by my side and look forward to our many adventures ahead!









Being pregnant is:

Carrying a blessing in your belly.

An infinite love blooming in your heart.

Thinking about yourself second, and your child first.

Anxiously waiting to hold your baby for the first time.

                                                                                    -Unknown author


Share your thoughts :

  1. Beautiful pictures!! You look AMAZING!!

    Maria Rodrigues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Maria!!! So sweet of you to leave me a message!

      Delete

@joannebabalis