Feeling grateful on Thanksgiving...



Photograph from ETFO advertisement in Professionally Speaking Magazine, Spring 2013.

In May of 2013, ETFO (The Elementary Teacher's Federation of Ontario) visited our classroom at Bond Lake P.S. to videotape some of our learning. From this work, a new website was created for Teachers and Early Childhood Educators entitled, "Professional Learning in the Early Years" and can be found at www.etfopley.ca.

Today, I am feeling grateful to be included and thought that I would post the video clips and express my sincere gratitude for continuing to visit the blog.  I hope that you find it helpful!

Please note that the clips are from almost over a year and a half ago, so not only do we look younger, but our ideas have also grown since this filming opportunity…
























Thank you to Julie Ham, the D.E.C.E. that I worked with for four wonderful years, Kim Smith, my former principal, Jennifer Walsh, my former vice principal, our former students at Bond Lake P.S., Jane Bennett and the ETFO film crew for making this all possible! 

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!  Above all else (after family that is!), I am grateful to be healthy and to continue to learn and grow each day as an educator.




Gratitude

can transform common days into thanksgiving

turn routine jobs into joy,

and change ordinary opportunities into 

blessings.

                                                        -William Arthur Ward




Share your thoughts :

  1. Wow! I'm so glad I stumbled on to your site. I can't wait till school tomorrow so I can show it to my team. I've recently left the states to teach 1st grade at Shanghai American School. I've been wanting to adopt some aspects of the Reggio Emilia approach and your wonderful site has given me some great ideas to start with. Thank you and keep up the good work! Regards, Daniel

    ReplyDelete

@joannebabalis