Then and Now: Reading Corner

Then and Now: Reading Corner


Share your thoughts :

  1. So much more inviting....wish I could cuddle up and read. Looks cozy. Less clutter making it easier for students to concentrate and relax. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inviting, did you add writing tools in the reading area also?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Thank you! We tried our best to making it look inviting.

    We did not add any writing tools to our reading corner last year (they are everywhere else!), but that's a good suggestion. This year our room looks quite different, and I will consider adding some sticky notes and pencils to my book rug.

    I plan to post more pictures this week.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you've done with the reading space! It looks so inviting, warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! The children really enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your inspiring blog! I love going there regularly to see your beautiful room and get ideas. I am learning more and more about the Reggio approach and I also tr to incorporate some Waldorf ideas into my NYC public school K classroom. Many thanks for your generous sharing of your inquiry work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is for blog visitors like yourself that I share!

    Thank you for continuing to pop in to see what we have been up to!

    I am trying to incorporate a more eclectic approach myself!

    Would love for you to share some of your Waldorf inspired insights by adding another comment...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your space! What an amazing environment for little learners. Do you work at the Acorn School?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

    I do not work at Acorn School. It is a private school run in Richmond Hill. I have collaborated with them though, and really respect their learning environment and work. They are very inspiring!

    I work at a public school in Richmond Hill, where I teach Full-Day Kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great reading corner! Thank you for sharing this with us. Just one question, where did you get the READ posters? I would like to use this too for our reading corner if you don't mind. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,

    The posters are from Scholastic Canada sales and Scholars Choice.

    I'm not sure if they still have them.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. where is the bookshelf from. it's great.

    ReplyDelete

@joannebabalis